Service Desk Manager
Posted on Jul 5, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Service Desk Manager
Permanent Full Time
Salary Subject to experience level
Circa 45 - 50k eur per annum
(Education Sector Client)
This role is predominantly focused on the management and evolution of the Service Desk which supports the business operations of our 200 staff and 6,000 student school.
Implementation of projects and change within business processes, provides subject matter expertise and training/support on key systems.
Day to Day Activities
- Responsible for the Service Desk which include managing all tickets -Incidents, Requests, Problems, and Changes.
- Manage the delivery of support services to both ICT and business stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with various business stakeholders and coordinate all Service Desk support activities.
- Provide regular reports of Service Desk KPI's in line with agreed SLAs to Senior Management and business stakeholders with a view for overall continuous improvement for the department.
- Contribute to the departmental budgets, expenses, cost evaluation, in particular for all Service Desk related projects.
- Work with staff to promote, develop, and maintain strong customer service values
- Identify key opportunities for continuous improvement to the services provided and customer experience through analyses of data/systems
- Acquire deep Subject Matter Expertise in the systems that are used to deliver the school services, specifically the school management system and the learning management systems.
- Work with vendors to ensure to understand the currently available functionality and where appropriate influence development roadmap
- Provide training and associated assets on both the school management system and learning management systems to colleagues.
- Be a champion for the systems as deployed and the benefits they can deliver to the staff and the wider school community.
- Minimum of 3rd level qualification desirable.
- Min of 2-3 years' experience required for this role.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Visio, ITSM platform
- Prior experience leading a Service Desk function, with experience with tools such as Remedy, Service Now or Sysaid
- Systems orientated with a background in project team working to bring about change
- Some training experience, formal or informal
- Third party, vendor management skills
- Comfortable working in a Project environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence an audience
- Attention to detail and willingness to question and problem solve
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Professional discretion