Cloud Solutions Architect
Posted on Jul 4, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring, managing and optimizing our cloud presence, as well as developing and leveraging automation to move these tasks to a self-service model. Candidate will report to the Director of Solutions Architecture, as part of the overall Delivery Enablement and Acceleration Labs team, and will partner with architecture, security, governance, and application teams to cost efficiently and securely manage the migration of existing applications to the cloud, and to build out new cloud native applications.
- Design, implement, and engineer complex, efficient and secure solutions in AWS and/or Azure, leveraging standards, Perform requirements analysis, interface with stakeholders of various levels, and document solutions.
- Partner with internal customers to migrate on premise infrastructure and applications to the cloud, and to deploy new cloud native applications. Serve as the Platform and Cvber Securitv liaison to AppDev organizations, sharing best practices, educating AppDev OAs on Cloud capabilities and best practices.
- Work closely with AppDev and Engineering/Operations teams to identify candidate applications for cloud migration. Develop standards, practices, tools and automation to migrate applications to the cloud efficiently and securely.
- Assist in the creation of cloud migration business cases. Recommend and assist with pre and post migration application optimization to reduce costs and increase performance.
- Provide training and guidance on all things Cloud, with the goal of accelerating adoption of Cloud services in a safe and secure manner.
- At least 3 years experience architecting hybrid solutions leveraging AWS and/or Azure as part of the hybrid solution
- Technology disrupter with a passion for innovation and cloud technologies
- Must come from a background and foundation of working in DevOps, app development, sys ops, or related IT
- Must have hands on Scripting skills (Python, Shell, Ruby)
- Must have experience with automation using Terraform, Ansible, or SaltStack.
- Solid analytical skills to identify problem areas and opportunities for remediation and the ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Experience with AWS, Experience with Azure or Google Cloud Platform a strong plus
- Hands-on technical experience designing and/or deploying cloud solutions using Amazon, Microsoft, IBM and/or Google cloud platforms.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.