Compliance Officer - Audit, Risk, Corporate Structures, international political developments (7619)
Posted on Jul 4, 2021 by iET SA
Compliance Officer - Audit, Risk, Corporate Structures, international political developments
Compliance Officer | Zurich City | 6 months | Daily rate upon request
For a project at our clients site, an international bank based in Zurich, we are looking for a Compliance Officer.
In this broad and dynamic role you advise and collaborate with other Compliance Units, the Front Office and client facing employees with regard to the full scope of PEP (Politically Exposed Persons) related matters.
Please be aware that this is a role within a sensitive environment. You'll have to undergo a background screening, which takes some additional time.
As of January 1, 2021, UK citizens will need work visa sponsorship in order to work in Switzerland. iET as an employment agency does not sponsor work visas. We can only work with UK citizens if they are already in Switzerland and possess a valid work permit.Your Qualifications:
- Experience within the banking sector with Compliance/Audit/or within a First Line of Defence Support/Front Office role with exposure to international/UHNWI clients
- Deep interest, passion and awareness for compliance and risk topics including money-laundering prevention as well as an affinity for international business/political developments
- Willingness to fulfil an advisory role professionally for the Front Office staff and First Line of Defence Support whilst maintaining a control function at the same time
- A college or university degree (Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent) in an area related to Political Science, History, Risk Management, Law, Business Administration or an equivalent education is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex issues to senior business and compliance management enable you to quickly gain trust and build up effective relationships
- Bring a dedicated interest towards Compliance, Risk topics as well as Corporate Structures and international political developments
- Able to communicate efficiently and in ways appropriate to those being addressed in the interest of building up and maintaining a sustainable professional network
- Fluent in English, any other language is an advantage
- Cooperate closely with Central Compliance functions in accordance with the global Compliance PEP mandate and in line with respective local regulatory requirements
- As the primary interface and gatekeeper for the consistent implementation and application of the global Policy on a global level you take over responsibilities in on-boarding, monitoring and review process
- Act as contact person for the Front Office and our client facing employees by supporting and advising on a specific range of compliance relevant matters, such as Know Your Client, Anti-Money Laundering and more in an agile team
- As PEP Desk Officer you take on responsibility for completing risk assessments for selected PEPs in specific regions and covering Anti-Money-Laundering Risk and Reputational Risk aspects along the entire client life cycle, eg during relationship opening as well as during periodic review process
- Contribute towards the reporting of PEP data and statistics to Senior Management as well as providing responses to ad hoc requests
- Have the opportunity to coordinate monitoring and review tasks (eg PEP Review process) with colleagues located internationally, roll-out standards to international hub locations and monitor the PEP program in specific regions
- Support Regulatory and Audit requests and to participate and at times lead project-related work based on compliance needs driven by strategic priorities and regulatory changes
Off to new destinations! Apply now directly or contact our team.