Compliance Officer (PEP Desk, Banking)
Posted on Jul 3, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Compliance Officer vacancy for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- At lest 3+ years of professional work experience gained within Compliance in the Banking or Finance sector is a must
- Academic degree or equivalent education in an area related to Political Science, History, Risk Management, Law or Business Administration
- Experience within Anti-Money-Laundering Risk and Reputational Risk
- Ability to fulfil an advisory role professionally for the company's internal stakeholders as well as to work under tight deadlines whilst handling complex situations
- Strengths include attention to detail and strong analytical skills together with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex issues to senior business and Compliance Management
- Affinity towards compliance and risk topics as well as corporate structures and international political developments is desired
- Experience within audit or a first line of defence support role with exposure to international clients would be advantageous
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, any further language skills are a plus
- Collaborating closely with Central Compliance functions in accordance with the global Compliance PEP mandate and local Regulatory requirements
- Acting as primary interface and gatekeeper for the consistent implementation and application of the global policy on an international level as well as taking the responsibilities associated with on-boarding, monitoring and review process of PEP clients
- Performing duties as PEP desk officer, taking responsibility for completing risk assessments for different PEPs in specific regions and covering anti-money laundering and reputational risk aspects during the whole client life cycle, focusing on relationship opening
- Acting as contact person for the Front Office and the client facing employees across the company's locations by supporting and advising on a specific range of compliance relevant topics such as Know Your Client and Anti-Money Laundering
- Contributing towards the reporting of PEP data and statistics to senior management while providing responses to ad hoc requests
- Coordinating the monitoring process and the review of tasks including PEP review process with colleagues located internationally
- Rolling out standards to international hub locations and monitoring the PEP program in specific regions
- Assisting regulatory and audit requests as well as participating in and taking over lead project-related work based on compliance needs driven by strategic priorities and regulatory changes
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.