Data Analytics Engineer- Platform Administrator
Posted on Jul 3, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Data Engineer - Platform Administration
Michael Bailey Associates are looking for an expert in data engineering with experience in building data pipelines, Big Data platform administration and DevOps to join an international bank based in Basel.
You will join Data & Analytics who are responsible for developing, maintain, supporting data & analytics platforms and systems for/with line-of-businesses. The team is tackling a range of complex software and data challenges, including big data, data warehousing, advanced analytics,business intelligence and data governance.
You will be helping us to improve the capabilities of the analytics platform. You will have the opportunity to administer and manage the big-data suite of products in the bank. You will also support business units in their adoption of the platform.
You will focus on a variety of data management and analytics projects. The aim is on delivering data platforms and systems that will empower the Bank's data and analytics transformation. For that you will need to have broad set of data engineering skills and experience in agile software development methodologies.
Typical responsibilities for the data and analytics engineer role include:
- Administer and manage the various tools in the big-data platform (Cloudera, ELK etc).
- Automate platform deployment by developing IAC (Infrastructure as code) components (Ansible preferred).
- Support the infrastructure for greater scalability, high availability, security and resiliency.
- Develop complementary features to support strict SLA guarantees to end users: Optimize resource allocations, enhanced monitoring capablities, focus on resiliency, ease of support and governance, multitenancy.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and enhancing the overall platform capabilities
- Establish best practices and standards in the team around the following: Datamodelling standards, code quality, TDD, DevOps, DataOps
- Working with other teams in the bank and increasing the adoption of the framework.
The roles are spanned across multiple projects that aim to modernise the Bank's data management infrastructure, to name a few, building a new modern data warehouse and data lake architecture, offering innovative data lab environments for self-service analytics, enhancing capabilities to support machine learning and AI use cases, developing a data transfer backbone to support event processing and streaming. Based on your experience, skill and interest you would be considered for appropriate project role.
You will have the following qualifications to succeed in this role:
- Experience in supporting data platforms.
- Supporting Cloudera (or similar) big-data platforms in an admin role.
- Good working experience in developing Ansible modules for deployment.
- Proficiency in at least one major programming language (eg Java, Python) and ability to pick up new tech skills independently.
- Experience with on-prem big data distributions Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Good understanding of standard Data engineering practices and data warehousing, SQL, ETL.
- Experience in Agile methodologies and scrum
- Experience managing ELK stack, Google Apigee are nice to have.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.