Level 3 Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 3, 2021 by Elevate Direct
Candidate is required to provide Level 3 support for project and operational activities in the Pepsi Cork Technology team. This team supports the entire IT infrastructure (Network, Compute, Manufacturing IT, Work Place Services) for PepsiCo's 3 sites in Cork (Little Island, Carrigaline, Eastgate) - including but not limited to the following technologies:
- Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless LAN Controllers, Wireless Access Points, Cisco PBX/CUCM
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 environment
- Active Directory/Group policy
- ESXi Hosts
- Brocade Switches
- EMC Storage Arrays
- VMWare environment
- Citrix Environment
- Windows 10 end users laptops/desktops
- Backup solution - Veritas Backup Appliances
- Knowledge of Manufacturing IT systems would be beneficial (Wonderware, Rockwell, InTouch/InBatch)
Projects that the candidate will be required to work on will include
- LAN - Upgrade IOS versions on Cisco Switches
- Network Migrations/Upgrades for Production Switches
- Manufacturing Firewalls Refresh
- Wireless Infrastructure Refresh
- RF Scan Guns Upgrades
- Windows - Server OS upgrades
- Software deployments to laptops/desktops using remote deployment tool
- Other project work as required
- VMware ESXi host upgrades, Manufacturing Server Refresh
- Remote Desktop Solution Upgrade
- Network ACL/Firewall updates
- LAN/WLAN mgmt.
- SolarWinds administration
- Citrix mgmt.
- Install security patches on windows Servers
- Production documentation work
- L3 support to lower tier teams
- CCNA preferred; Microsoft server certifications preferred. VCP 5 + preferred.
- EMC Storage Array experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years previous IT experience.
- Previous experience working on similar technologies as listed above
- Experience working on projects on own initiative
- Have own car for travel between the 3 sites is essential as may be required at short notice to travel to between the 3 sites.
- Participation in Cork Tech team on-call rota
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- A requirement of the role is that you must adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements.