Senior Site Reliability Engineer- 12 months contract
Posted on Jul 3, 2021 by E-Frontiers
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join a leading technology company in the payments space.
You will be responsible for building the CI/CD pipeline and lead the DevOps automation and best practices.
We are looking for an engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef.
* Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Chef. We need proven experience writing chef recipes/cookbooks as well as designing and implementing an overall Chef based release and deployment process.
* Use Jenkins to orchestrate builds as well as link to Sonar, Chef, Maven, Artifactory, etc. to build out the CI/CD pipeline.
* Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
* Design and implement a Git based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel. Experience with automation for branch management, code promotions, and version management is a plus.
* Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
* Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead the DevOps automation and best practices.
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
* Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
* Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
This is a 12 months daily rate role and candidates must hold Valid Work Permit for the duration of the contract, Position based in Ireland, Dublin