E2E design engineer - Fiber
Posted on Jul 2, 2021 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
Role - E2E designer - Fiber
Different locations in the Flanders regions
Construction, management and maintenance of the cable network (fibre optic) to achieve an optimal infrastructure at the best price and ensuring the greatest customer satisfaction.
As an end-to-end designer, you are responsible for:
developing solutions for the adaptation and extension of our fibre and copper networks in order to respond to internal triggers (network optimisation and/or extension, infrastructure renewal, Fiber-to-the-home roll-out, Fiber-to-the-business roll-out) or external triggers (road works, housing estates, industrial zoning, customer requests)
- transforming and finalising the global study into a detailed study and a well-documented final file. The file is then handed over to the construction team and after execution, you can release the documentation and enter it into the database.
- helping construction colleagues to formulate an answer if they receive a question about the file verifying and monitor data quality. You are therefore responsible for the complete design file from start to finish (including drawings).
Depending on your profile, your skills may be called upon for other tasks such as:
- coaching of colleagues
- coordinating in a limited field of activity (eg POR, POR, major road works project...)
- being responsible for an IT application in the team (Genesys, IFH, NIMS, GDA...)
Degree & Experience:
You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- You have a good understanding of telecommunications in general, our network and customer connectivity.
- You have good and thorough written and oral communication skills.
- You communicate with employees, contractors and customers. You can defend your own solution constructively.
- You can analyse a technical problem in different ways.
- You are familiar with MS Office: Windows, Word, Excel and Access.
- You are familiar with the IT applications used by NFA (eJMS, ABR, ITR, IFH, KBS, IVP...).
- You are familiar with Autocad.
- You have an experience in Fiber distribution
- You have the will to evolve and learn on a daily basis (eg new tools).
- You work independently and take initiative.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;