Ecologist (Senior or Principle) - The Midlands
Posted on Jul 2, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
An exciting opportunity has arisen for ecologists of varying grades to join a global leading multi-disciplinary consultancy at either Senior or Principal level in the Midlands.
You would be joining a well-established Ecology department, with members of the team being national experts in Ecology. They are proud of their employee retention, and offer a comprehensive training programme. Alongside this they financially reward any candidate who is Chartered or gains their Chartered status whilst at the company.
There is a focus on maintaining a health work life balance, and in order to appoint the best ecologists into their team, my client is happy to discuss flexible working patterns, including part-time or fixed-term contracts, with the right candidates.
Responsibilities of the role:
* To provide ecological consultancy for clients along with any mitigation works in a fast moving, commercial environment.
* Conducting a broad variety of ecological surveys, such as extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist projects for example protected species surveys and mitigation.
* Undertaking a broad range of ecological related tasks, including desk studies, consultations, research and the handling and analysis of data.
* Composing ecological reports that are concise and adhere to legislation whilst meeting the deadlines and satisfaction of the client.
Qualifications & Experiance
* Degree and / or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Ecology).
* Full membership of IEEM and CEnv status preferred.
* Proven experience in EcIA and /or HRA, with a sound knowledge of UK ecological legislation, policy and guidance.
* Knowledge of the licensing process and mitigation implementation across an array of sectors.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity, or the wider market in more detail, please contact Georgia on or
Not for you? If you know of someone who could be interested, we plant a tree for every successful referral as part of our offsetting initiative, and also give 250 as a thank you - does anyone spring to mind?