Data Quality Analyst
Posted on Jul 2, 2021 by Arcus Search
My client, one of the largest Digital Map Providers in the world who are currently leading the way to become the Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving are looking to hire a talented Data Quality Analyst to work in the Netherlands on a 12 months contract.
You will be responsible for the ideation and setup of quality assessment methods to measure performance of their products and data services. You are engaged in an international team that aggregates and processes multiple data sources, ranging from traffic incident data to vehicle sensor data. Furthermore, you support the team by ensuring continuous communication of the data quality analysis results to ensure we meet product KPIs, to identify areas where improvement is needed, and to enable decision making in the strategic, tactical and operational levels. In this role you will work closely as a team with the Product Manager, the Sourcing Manager and the Engineering team.
Responsibilities & Core Tasks
Your share of responsibilities will be alongside the following four pillars:
Pillar 1: Quality Metrics
- Conceptual and mathematical definition of quality metrics for the products and data services
- Work closely with Engineering to develop tools for measuring quality based on these metrics
- Together with the Product Manager, establish a quality management roadmap
Pillar 2: Analytics and Investigation
- Quantifying and testing the impact of potential causes of variation in product performance
- Perform (ad-hoc) data quality analysis by combining and comparing various data sources
Pillar 3: Reporting and Communication
- Defining report format and content
- Design and create accurate automated reports/queries/dashboards, utilizing advanced visualization techniques
Pillar 4: Processes and Knowledge Transfer
- Creating and publishing routines and tutorials to standardize activities and enable knowledge transfer
What You'll Need/Requirements
- Experience with Quality Control and Metric/KPI definition
- Experience with statistics for Quality Control
- Experience with mapping industry and mapping standards
- Experience working with relational and non-relational datasets
- Ability to deal with unclear and ambiguous data and still produce reliable outputs (imagine your input is stochastic, but your output should be deterministic)
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience with GIT or other version control system
- Experience with reporting and data visualization
- Demonstrated experience in handling large datasets, relational and non-relational databases
- At least 3 years Data Analytics experience
- A Bachelor's in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering or subjects related to quantitative field
You recognize yourself in the following
- Above all, you value rigor and quality.
- Able to pro-actively dive into data and derive insights and value independently
- Able to confidently communicate as the expert with stakeholders at all levels, such as engineers, senior management, and other data analysts
- Great communication and visualization skills. You're able to explain complex information to others in straightforward ways.
- Deep understanding of statistics and statistical tools
- Ability to define measurement methods and processes
- Identify the right tools to work with to achieve the goals
What's Nice To Have
- Experience with mapping systems
- Experience in Real Time connected car services (eg traffic)
- Experience with GIS software (ie.ArcInfo, MapInfo) is highly regarded
- Our ideal candidate has 5+ years' experience in a technical multi-cultural work environment.
- Precise and structured in data quality analysis and reporting
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to deliver consistent and accurate work.
- Results orientated and focused on achieving results
- Written and verbal mastery of English is essential
- Service orientated and flexible in adapting to changing environments