Senior Backend Software Engineer - Java/JVM - fully remote role
Posted on Jul 1, 2021 by Consultia Ltd
An exciting fully remote opportunity has become available for 2 Senior Backend Engineers to join a payments related FinTech company in London (option to work on site if preferred)
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience working as a Java/Kotlin/PL/pgSQL engineer: building secure, resilient, and scalable REST based services, but candidates with strong Java/JVM and PL/pdSQL with the willingness to learn Kotlin will be considered.
This position will give you the exciting opportunity to work closely with the experienced C-level officers of KodyPay whilst executing on the company's vision. You will have the opportunity to work with a growing and diverse workforce in the UK, Bulgaria, and the USA as you engage in your day-to-day tasks. An ideal candidate will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Involving yourself across all modules of our core systems: Back End systems, APIs, and the tools/technologies that keep everything humming.
- Collaborating with the companies product team to cultivate secure and efficient platform services.
- Assisting solutions architects/engineering leads in the planning of wider features.
- Designing and creating scalable, modular services which can be used effectively by other members of the engineering team.
- Coding with Vert.x, JAX-RS, Kotlin, PL/pgSQL, configuring GraphQL endpoints via PostGraphile and deploying in Docker containers.
- Working with Front End engineers to connect app features to mid-layer and Back End services.
- Engaging in sprint planning with the product team, committing to timely execution of features, and prioritising within sprints where necessary.
- Collaborating with senior members of staff and the business development team to demonstrate test builds of a given feature.
- Contributing to the construction and shipping of a world-class product, achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing security, scalability, and resilience throughout the organisation.
- Plenty of strong, relevant software engineering experience with Java/JVM
- Ideally 1+ year experience with Kotlin/intermediate Kotlin programming skills
- Experience using PostgreSQL/PL/pdSQL
- You enjoy working in an engineering team committed to agile development, working in sprints to achieve the best results.
- You have a good grasp of the fundamentals of computer science and an excellent working knowledge of industry standard tools (including Git).