Maintenance & Tooling Manager
Posted on Jul 1, 2021 by Brookwood
Would you to like to be part of a world class automotive tier 1?
I am now recruiting for a Maintenance & Tooling Manager to be based in Gallatin across 3 sites in this location.
The Maintenance & Tooling Manager will be responsible for overseeing and rectifying all plant maintenance including building, machine and fixture problems. The job holder will also have to ensure that jobs are running safely and/or product quality specifications are being met and verify that daily job performance standards are being attained. Also, to contribute to a co-operative work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Verify that work orders and preventive maintenance are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Verify instruction sheets for each fixture.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed to quality and production standards.
- Observes and recognizes the best qualities of the employees and expanding upon them.
- Ensure that spare parts are ordered and properly stored.
- Inspect and take corrective action to trim fixtures, band saws, machines, finishing fixtures, etc. to ensure employee safety and product quality.
- Monitor all shift performances and take whatever corrective action is necessary to maintain production and quality standards.
- Ensure that all aspects of his or her area are in full compliance with the safety and quality systems in place at the operation at all times.
- Informs employees of changes to day-to-day responsibilities and provides regular constructive feedback on their performance.
- Ensures all department personnel are aware of and working to their job description and standards.
- Recommends and takes appropriate action when employees are not meeting standards.
- Ensures employees have sufficient training and information to perform tasks efficiently in both quantity and quality.
- Keeps employees informed of company policies, practices and procedures through departmental meetings and one-on-one discussions.
- Is receptive to employee problems and seeks to provide a prompt response and resolution.
- Advises Human Resources of all unusual and/or abnormal employee problems or concerns.
- Read, understand and comply with Corporate Managers Handbook.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision to Employees, to protect health or safety of the Employee.
- Carry and enforce Automotive Systems, Inc. workplace safety guidelines and health and safety statement.
- Ensure first aid treatment is given to an injured employee immediately and further assistance, including medical is sought immediately.
- Complete reports of accidents/incidents immediately and participate in corrective action process.
- Ensure safety concerns that arise from safety incidents, accidents or safety meetings are corrected immediately.
- Ensure work instructions are followed to produce quality part per customer specifications.
- Cooperate, participate and lead corrective actions in conjunction with health and safety committee, continuous improvement team and other departments within facility.
- Assist the HR Department with the tracking of Employees attendance, overtime and scheduling to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring process for new Production Team Members as necessary.
- Ensure all local, state and federal laws are upheld and followed in relation to safety, environmental, hiring and recruitment and worker safety, as stated by KYOSHA and the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Association.
- Contribute to a work environment free from harassment, where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are standard.
- Adhere to the Quality Policy and Environmental Policy as they relate to ISO 9001: 2015 (QMS)/ISO 14001:2015 (EMS)/IATF (AQMS).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Degree/Technical Certification
- 7 years supervisory experience; within the manufacturing industry preferred.
- Blow molding and Injection molding experience.