Head of Commercial – Energy Projects and Digital Services
Posted on Jul 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Head of Commercial - Energy Projects and Digital Services. Home based, UK, salary to 77,000 + bonus + car/cash allowance & benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
The role and key responsibilities
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the commercial strategy, governance and contract management practices of company's Major Projects across out Solar, Storage, Heat, Electric Vehicle and Electricity Network Sectors with the aim to develop Energy Systems aligned to their Digital Services products and strategy.
You'll partner with stakeholders to develop opportunities, provide the commercial rigour, manage commercial risks and opportunities, and ultimately play a key role in winning work whilst ensuring appropriate contractual terms and financial returns are secured.
This will involve the development of Joint Venture, Partnership, Profit Share, Joint Development, and more traditional NEC3/4 Services and Product Agreements, amongst others. Experience in developing and managing these types of agreement will be advantageous.
You'll lead and manage a team of commercial managers and modellers. Part, or all, of your team will likely be remote to you as the company provide services across the UK, therefore some travel is required within the UK regions.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Procurement, Law, Finance, Quantity Surveying, etc. or relevant commercial experience
* Good working experience and knowledge of standard construction and asset deployment industries forms of contract e.g. JCT, NEC etc.
* Good knowledge and understanding of the Utility market and more specifically the power industry is essential
* Demonstrable experience in negotiating SPVs agreements, joint ventures, collaboration agreements and other forms of bespoke arrangements
* Previous experience in the leadership of high performing teams
* A solution based mindset aligned with strong commercial acumen, decision making based on risk assessment and the ability to lead in complex environments and being skilled in contract pre, and post contract activities, upstream and downstream.
* Excellent communication and stakeholder (internal and external) management skills with exceptional relationship building skills
This is a challenging and rewarding role. We are looking for candidates with the commercial acumen, tenacity, and motivation to succeed in a complex and emerging environment of solution sales and development.
Salary up to 77,000 based on experience + performance related bonus + company car/cash allowance & a range of benefits