Head of Commercial and Procurement - Smart Buildings
Posted on Jul 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Head of Commercial and Procurement - Smart Buildings. Home based, UK, salary to c.77,000 + bonus + car/cash allowance & and benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
The role and key responsibilities
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you'll be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the commercial and procurement strategy, governance and contract management practices. You'll work with stakeholders to win work with clients and agree contractual terms.
By supporting the Project delivery and Maintenance teams, you'll meet customer requirements, manage risks and ensure delivery of optimal commercial outcomes. You'll also support post contract activity on some complex, challenging and prestigious UK and international contracts.
You'll monitor the risk profile of the business, set the business assurance agenda and compliance processes and engage with credit management colleagues to achieve timely payments from clients. Additionally, you'll lead company's supply chain and procurement activity, overseeing their online supplier registration system, managing supplier and sub-contractor rebates and discount agreements to help them remain competitive and efficient.
You'll lead and manage a small team including 2 commercial managers, a quantity surveyor and a procurement officer. Part, or all of your team will likely be remote to you as the company provide services across the UK, therefore some travel is required within the UK.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Qualifications in a relevant field e.g. Procurement, Law, Finance, Quantity Surveying, etc. or relevant commercial experience
* Previous experience in a complex commercial management role, ideally with a degree in a relevant discipline
* Good working experience and knowledge of standard construction and asset deployment industries forms of contract e.g. JCT, NEC etc
* Previous experience in the leadership of high performing teams
* A solution based mindset aligned with strong commercial acumen, decision making based on risk assessment and the ability to lead in complex environments and being skilled in contract pre, and post contract activities, upstream and downstream
* Excellent communication and stakeholder (internal and external) management skills with exceptional relationship building skills
* Knowledge or understanding of Building Management Systems as well as construction industry would be an advantage
This is a challenging and rewarding role. We are looking for candidates with the commercial acumen, tenacity, and motivation to succeed in a complex and emerging environment of solution sales and development.
Salary up to 77,000 based on experience + performance related bonus + company car/cash allowance & benefits