Senior Project Developer - solar & battery
Posted on Jul 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Senior Project Developer - solar & battery, Home Based, UK. Competitive base salary + bonus + car allowance & attractive benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
This is an important role in our client's rapidly growing Distributed Energy team, originating and completing strategic business development. They develop distributed generation including providing solutions to power markets, the grid and also to industrial and commercial customers.
This role will be focused in particular on originating and early stage development of project pipeline in distributed solar PV and battery, and in particular in solar.
The company are developing targeted distributed energy projects, some grid-facing, some on larger industrial sites serving industrial customers. Your role will be to originate, qualify and filter opportunities and to progress them to a defined project stage.
This will focus in particular on targeted greenfield work. Key to success in doing this in the near term will be working with partners, developers and investors in the market.
* At least 7 years experience in particular in originating, qualifying and developing distributed power and energy projects in the UK, and track record in managing partnerships and supply relationships
* It is essential that you bring experience in the solar and power sectors and deal experience
* Proven experience in business development and project development in the energy sector: power / gas / carbon markets, planning and permitting, grid connections, land agreements
* Experience in key aspects of renewable project development (grid, land and planning)
* Strong commercial acumen to identify commercial opportunities and risk
* Deal and negotiation skills
* A good understanding of related commercials, legal, power project economics, corporate finance, M&A transactions and asset acquisitions
* Entrepreneurial, driven and flexible. Inquisitive and able to challenge convention and deliver results
* An engineering background is not essential. However, you will need to be able to work with technical and economic concepts with regards to distributed energy solutions and all relevant matters pertaining to applicable legislation, in particular safety, health and the environment
* It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
There is some flexibility on location and currently most work is home based with travel to client sites as needed, however, there will likely be a requirement to attend the office (London preferably, Reading possibly) for team meetings up to twice a week.
If you successfully secure a role with our client, you'll be required to complete their pre-employment screening process before joining.
Competitive base salary + bonus + car allowance & attractive benefits.