SHP Estate Water Technician – Team Leader
Posted on Jul 1, 2021 by Igloo3
SHP Estate Water Technician - Team Leader, Slough, UK, Salary 43,000 + benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for corporate customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Slough Heat and Power (SHP) provide water to the Slough Trading Estate by means of a private water network which is fed from the company's onsite reservoir. They are looking for a Team Leader to join the team and help the company with the business growth.
* Supporting the water network team in the day to day running of the water network, boreholes and reservoir areas on the estate
* As part of the network team, you'll share our responsibility for ensuring that we provide water to all commercial and domestic customers from our private network
* Supporting in the delivery of all reactive emergency repairs and planned maintenance ensuring compliance to all water regulations by a combination of leading project teams and direct mechanical labour as required
* As part of the role, you'll support with any water quality issues reported by company's customers and attend customer premises to carry out quality testing when required.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Demonstratable experience and a solid understanding of networks, water legislation and standards while being mechanically minded, with an understanding of potential problems and risks on the network
* Strong water industry experience, ideally with Qualification in Road and Street works traffic act (NRSWRA) and/or qualification in mechanical engineering is preferred (Degree, HNC, C&G) but not essential. Water pipe fitting experience would be highly advantageous
* Ability to implement maintenance and monitoring procedures for conducting asset inspections and surveys and be familiar with Road and Street Works (NSWRA) working on the highway legislation
* Possess a strong focus on health and safety in the workplace. You should have knowledge of routine maintenance procedures and associated safety practices
* Ability to confidently liaise with customers on projects, therefore communications skills (verbal and written) are key to the success of this role. As a strong leader, you'll manage small projects safely, providing support and guidance as required
Salary 43,000 based on experience + range of other benefits to support your family