DBA (Database Administrator)
Posted on Jun 30, 2021 by VesselsValue
DBA (Database Administrator) Stoke
VesselsValue are looking for a passionate DBA (Database Administrator) to join our dynamic Development team based in Stoke-on-Trent. With an aim to build, maintain and secure multiple databases considering both the backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
A little about us
VesselsValue is a dynamic and innovative tech company operating in the Shipping, Offshore and Superyacht sectors. We have over 2,000 users worldwide, including leading banks, funds, shipowners and more. We employ over 160 people across our 7 offices in London, Stoke, Singapore, Korea (Republic of), China, The Philippines and Isle of Wight and are rapidly expanding.
As a creative, forward thinking, and hardworking company, the successful candidate should share these values. In return, you will get to work in a supportive, trusting, and transparent environment, with a young but growing global company.
Completely built in-house, our complex algorithms and extensive databases are maintained by the Development team in Stoke. The company has a high presence of R&D, looking to further enhance the services available by utilising the latest technology and huge datasets to digitalise the industry.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an R&D team that will challenge you daily, with complex problems and the freedom to consider solutions, deliver prototypes through to MVP.
Key skills required:
• We need people with problem solving skills.
• Excellent programming abilities.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Good level of experience as a DBA.
• Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
Technical skills and experience required:
· Application/Framework server software
· Experience in MySQL and PostgreSQL
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· User interface and query software
· Enterprise application integration software
· Backup/archival software
· Predictive modeling and text analysis
· Data modeling tools (e.g. ERWin, Enterprise Architect and Visio)
· UML (Unified Modelling Language)
· ETL (Extract, transform, load) tools
· UNIX, Linux, Solaris and MS Windows
· Data visualization
· PHP 7+ including OOP practices
· Hadoop and NoSQL databases
· Machine Learning
· Atlassian suite; Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience and qualifications
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£18k - £20k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£22.6k - £25.6k Annual
£17.3k - £17.3k Annual