Posted on Jun 30, 2021 by Signet Jewelers Inc.
WHO WE ARE :
We are the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world's largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com.
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE :
Signet is a people company - this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.
JOB SUMMARY :
Signet Jewelers is searching for creative and talented individuals who are proficient at performing jewelry repair in our central repair facility located in Akron, OH. We are seeking individuals that are highly skilled, quality oriented and motivated to produce the finest products to our customers.
This role is responsible for assembling, sizing, repairing and finishing fine jewelry to predetermined quality and production standards using cutting, milling, grinding, welding or soldering, polishing and electroplating equipment. Merchandise categories include, but are not limited to, New Assembly, Refurbish, Customer Warranty and Ecommerce sales, which deliver directly to the end consumer.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Perform various repairs of gold and silver jewelry, including but not limited to sizing, re-shanking, soldering, prong and channel repair, polishing, refinishing and stone setting/tightening in various setting styles and gemstone shapes/cuts...including quality control
- Improving and advising on LEAN improvements
- Participating in various TM committees, such as Safety and Engagement
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent required. Gemology Certification - preferred
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience: 2 years jewelry repair or Trade School - preferred
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 1 yr. of equipment repair or Trade School - preferred
Technical/Other Skills Required: Knowledge of Jewelry tools, machinery and equipment - preferred; Must be able to complete a skill assessment test; Experience with polishing, cleaning and electroplating jewelry is preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS :
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!