Software Engineering Graduate
Posted on Jun 30, 2021 by Digital Barriers
Software Engineering Graduate
Have you ever wondered what it is like to work to build products that protect people? Or watched a Netflix crime series and wondered how that fancy computer managed to catch the baddie? On our software engineering graduate programme, you can find out.
Digital Barriers' edge-AI and IOT solutions have led the way for our expanding channel partners across the world such as Vodafone and Fujitsu. You will help drive and deliver our "edge-intelligent" video technologies using a true full stack of AI, Machine Learning, IoT, Edge Computing and Cloud (AWS) technologies. At the same time, you will gain real in-depth knowledge across our team, business and technologies whilst developing industry-leading specialist skills.
What you will do
Complete Coverage: Become a strong practitioner in Agile software development, learning about Product Management, Product Ownership, Development, Test, Deployment and support. Covering front-end, back-end and gaining exposure to full stack and edge development.
Rapid Deployment: Become experienced in AWS Cloud development skills and gain certification in AWS skills.
Reduction in Costs: As AWS is key to Cloud deployment you will learn to understand how to develop to optimise cloud compute costs whilst maximising resilience and scalability.
AI Video Analytics: Gain an understanding of implementation of Video AI Analytics. The challenges, the data biases, the ethics, the performance constraints and optimisations required.
Security & Protection: Our security is trusted by several world leading military and security organisations. Develop secure by design and development awareness in all candidates.
What you will learn
We believe your career is an adventure and the adventure starts with us. We can turn you into an expert in cutting-edge technology development for a dynamic global market. Throughout our three year graduate programme you will be working in a fast paced environment on our new products and projects, with the latest technology and best digital minds. You will undergo a structured training programme where you will be upskilled in technologies with rapid acceleration, whilst learning the soft skills you need to survive in a business environment alongside achieving formal certifications (including AWS) and mentoring. All underpinned by a development rotation whilst you work on our new products.
At the end of the programme, you will be opened up to a range of career opportunities within Digital Barriers and can chose the area in which you want to focus your career, with the potential to be fast-tracked to a senior position.
What you will need
As a Software Engineering Graduate, you'll need a minimum 2:1 degree in BSc Software Engineering or Computer Science. You'll have a real passion/curiosity in the surveillance and/or AI industry.
Where you will be
You will be based at either our Glasgow or Manchester offices and will be prepared to travel to our other offices in the country or world. There will be consideration for you to move from Glasgow or Manchester to Nice for role rotations and overseas working placement for approximately a month at a time to get exposure to customer's, likely in Asia or North America.
What you will receive
We understand salary and benefits have an enormous impact on your life. Therefore, we have created a competitive package to attract and retain the best people. This includes:
- Starting salary of £25,000 with an annual £3,000 increase (subject to successful completion of the prior year) until the end of the graduate programme.
- Relocation allowance if you need to move to one of our office locations.
- All training and professional certification costs, including travel expenses to attend courses.
- Overseas travel with the potential of living expenses if overseas placement is offered.
- 25 days holiday allowance, excluding bank holidays with the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days.
- Group Income Protection and access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to Lifeworks for cashback, savings, discount codes and lots of useful health, well-being and financial resources.
- Access to ClassPass, including a free online library of workouts.
- Life Assurance at 4 times your salary.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
Digital Barriers are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you have a disability, please advise the recruiter or hiring manager if you require any adjustments to be made during the recruitment process.
UK Security Clearance: Successful candidates may be required to meet security requirements for this role before they can be appointed. You must have rights to work in the UK, and able to gain UK security clearances. Candidates will be required to have or obtain security vetting to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) level as part of the recruitment offer process.
Company profile info:
Digital Barriers provides "edge-intelligent" video technologies to intel, defence and law enforcement customers. At the core of our solutions are two areas of unique IP - AI-based edge analytics and low-bandwidth, low-latency live video streaming.
Some interesting facts about us:
- Our products can be deployed in most locations within minutes and can be configured/managed over the air, with no need for fixed infrastructure.
- We are right at the very edge with new video tech, a global partner to businesses like Vodafone and Fujitsu, we have taken our work with the likes of the FBI and DEA into customers worldwide.
- Our security is trusted by several world leading military and security organisaitons, including 40/43 UK police forces and the biggest defence and security agencies in UK and US.
Our business is growing rapidly and we are becoming recognised as a leading business and a developer of cutting-edge technology for a dynamic global market.You will work as part of a highly capable team that are scaling-up our product focused delivery to exciting global Channel partners. Our technology buzzwords for you are AI, Machine Learning, IoT, Edge Computing, Cloud (AWS), a true full stack from OS at the edge to AWS Cloud - which provides great opportunities for growth and exposure to new tech within the organisation.
Our development teams, approx. 70 engineers, are currently working remotely from our offices in Glasgow, Nice and Manchester.