IT NOC Supervisor
Posted on Jun 30, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a IT NOC Supervisor. Candidate ensures that operations are conducted appropriately for a team that provides initial levels of technical support for associates and systems with an aim to own and resolve issues with minimal touch time and minimal downtime.
- Create, communicate and recommend changes to the Service Desk staffing schedules.
- Monitor the service desk and operations queues and monitoring systems to ensure adequate coverage and appropriate response.
- Observe and coach associates to ensure quality support is provided. Provide reviews and action formal performance management steps where appropriate.
- Act as the first point of contact for management escalation for incidents and work orders.
- Identify skill gaps and provide management reports that identify training opportunities.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports for level 1-3 support teams and ensure that all service level initiatives are being met.
- Managed internal and self-service knowledgebase and ensure data is up to date and accurate.
- Act as incident management process owner and drive ITIL process discipline across the organization.
- Work with manager, partner teams, and tools and automation engineer to identify opportunity areas and ensure follow up/improvements are driven to closure. Own the creation and upkeep of a problem management process
- Ensure incidents are escalated to technical owners and leadership for visibility. Ensure these are driven to closure in appropriate timeframes.
- Gather information for key business stakeholders on a regular basis to provide incident reporting, trend analysis, and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide backup support for other leaders or personal across the team.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience managing a Service Desk or NOC team in a medium to large size business (retail experience a plus)
- Strong experience with ITIL or formal operations management practices
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferredStrong familiarity with key ITIL disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change) and service management platforms (eg Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including leadership
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity
- Familiarity with metrics and reporting
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting end user problems, managing system alerts, and providing system and network administration
- Knowledge of security best practices and risk landscape
- Analytical mindset with the ability to review data, determine outcomes and drive systemic improvement across the environment