Global Category Leader
Posted on Jun 30, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Global Category Leader
Location: Dublin 2, Ireland
Duration: 6-month contract with conversion to permanent employees if they are good
You will be responsible for key areas in the global Semiconductor portfolio, focusing primarily on the Analog Portfolio (mainly Power Management) and Logic.As a Global Category Leader you will have direct influence on business results with all of business sectors. You will be responsible for key areas in the global Semiconductor portfolio, focusing primarily on the Analog Portfolio (mainly Power Management) and Logic. In this role, you will define the supply and sourcing strategy and lead supplier relationships. You will have global scope that includes providing guidance to the global buyer team as they negotiate and implement the supply strategy. You will reporting to the Global Category Manager Semiconductors and play an integral part of the Strategic Sourcing organization.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop category (commodity) strategies that create competitive advantage and capture value for the product lines.
- Identify/acquire product line and corporate business requirements.
- Achieve targeted category material cost performance for product lines.
- Participate in relevant engineering future direction strategy groups.
- Develop and maintain robust global category strategy.
- Ensure volume leverage, supply base optimization, and supply base competitiveness.
- Qualify/select/approve suppliers for CASL (category approved supplier list)
- Identify and introduce supplier innovation.
- Provide input to senior leadership pertaining category/supplier related strategic and operational topics.
Lead supplier relationship management
- Build and maintain major cross product line supplier and CASL relationships, leading major cross-product line negotiations also in high stakes situations.
- Lead category specific strategic supplier events, such as Quarterly Business Reviews and Executive Review Meetings.
- Lead negotiations of corporate-wide supplier contracts/CASL suppliers including, but not limited to Terms & Conditions, Strategic Agreements and Logistic Agreements
- Monitor supplier performance and reevaluate capabilities
- Create, lead and monitor supplier development/improvement plans.
- Resolve systemic capacity/capability gaps.
Lead and manage team members and activities
- Ensure sourcing excellence and internal controls.
- Promote cost management activities.