Posted on Jun 30, 2021 by Deloitte
As the Data Architect, you will influence the development of (data) governance processes and structures. You will provide expert input to the design and maintenance of the enterprise architecture and influence the organisation's approach to data, regularly communicating the findings of data audits (and related cost-benefit implications) towards management. We will also be able to count on you to evaluate and recommend new and emerging data management and storage technologies/standards.
- a master degree in computer science, engineering, or a related area
- a significant experience of at least 5 years in an international Matrix organization
- experience in managing business information, solution or technical architecture and information analysis
- knowledge of agile manifesto, values, principles and practices such as Kanban and Scrum
- experience of working in SCRUM or other self-organizing multifunctional teams
- fluency in English (spoken, written)
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will develop a data strategy to deliver meaningful, trusted and accessible data to the organization. This strategy entails the whole data life cycle: establishing and enforcing guidelines for data collection, integration (ETL) and consumption of data for reporting, analytics & data science purposes. You will create and manage data models and maintain an end-to-end vision about the flows of trusted data.
The data architect guides the solution teams on data matters by translating conceptual models to logical and physical data storage level.
- You will be responsible for the roadmap of strategic data assets like the Enterprise Data Lake to continuously unlock data value opportunities in the organisation through innovation.
- You will contribute to Data Security Architecture. In close collaboration with the (cyber) security experts, you will develop, implement and monitor data security standards, guidelines and processes in order to provide the company with appropriate level of protection of business information.
- You will give guidance for streaming the data supply chain for reporting, analytics and data science. You will ensure data quality in master data management, metadata management, analytics, content management, data integration and other related processes. You will also ensure access to resident and external data sources.