Senior/ Principal Sustainability Consultant - Whole Life Carbon
Posted on Jun 29, 2021 by Acre
Senior Sustainability Consultant - whole life carbon focus
Location: London, flexible working
Acre are recruiting for a leading multidisciplinary consultancy, focusing on property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets.
Due to an accelerated period of growth, they are looking to hire a Senior Consultant to join the Sustainability Team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to work on a wide variety of blue chip clients and projects in the property, healthcare, waste, and energy sectors. As a Senior Consultant you will be client facing and get exposure to working with a range different business functions and stakeholders. Day to day you will be responsible for leading the project management of a number of carbon related strategies and assessments for clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a strong focus on developing and implementing whole life carbon strategies for clients in the build environment. Together with having a good understanding of the wider sustainability agenda, including things like biodiversity, energy, water, waste, circular economy, sustainable materials, responsible sourcing and community.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
* Write sustainability statements and technical reports to support planning applications
* Manage proactively the delivery of sustainability strategies post-planning
* Provide practical advice on sustainability best practices and innovations to influence project teams internally and externally
* Devise and support the implementation of net zero strategy for buildings
* Monitor project's progress against sustainability objectives and targets
* Liaise actively with client and project teams
* Support the team in writing fee proposals, pitches, and presentations to win new business and build relationships with potential clients
* Contribute proactively to the continued Net Zero initiative
Requirements and skills
* An ability to provide a holistic approach to sustainability in the built environment
* Expertise in undertaking whole life carbon assessments
* Technical knowledge or strong interest within one or more areas of sustainability - passive & bioclimatic design (highly desirable), circular economy, sustainable materials & responsible sourcing, climate change adaptation, green infrastructure, social sustainability, behaviour change
* On-site construction experience (desirable)
* An ability to convince and influence project teams
* Client-facing experience and client management
* A creative approach to problem solving
* A curious and inquisitive nature and passion for sustainability
If you're looking to take the next step in your career and join an established sustainability team, please apply today.