Posted on Jun 29, 2021 by Acre
Nature Metrics - Commercial Director
Location: Guildford, Surrey
You will join an expanding science-based, biodiversity monitoring start-up. Having just closed our Series A funding round and secured a new HQ in Guildford, the business is poised for strong growth.
NatureMetrics is a high growth medium sized company leading the revolution in molecular biodiversity monitoring, enabling environmental managers to measure and monitor biodiversity with DNA-based tools.
In the same way forensic DNA sampling is used on crime scenes, Naturemetrics offer similar technology to assess impacts on wild-life genetics in projects across various sectors. We have grown rapidly over the last five years and have exciting plans for our future global growth.
We are seeking an individual with significant commercial and scale up expertise in the environmental sector to help us to meet our ambitious growth targets by leading our commercial activities. You will be a member of the board and work with the wider leadership team to develop and implement NatureMetrics commercial strategy, bringing together business development, product and commercial teams from across the business and providing strong commercial leadership to a team of strong scientists and experts.
* Responsible for development and implementation of our commercial strategy
* Lead a strong existing team business developers lead by our Business Development Director and support the development of our strategy, team and commercial model
* Develop and lead a new team of developing new areas of the business with more complex data products based on emerging policy and metrics for example in Nature Based Solutions and Net Positive Impact
* Lead the Product team to ensure all of our product development and R&D is strongly focussed towards addressing the needs of our customers
* Build & maintain long-standing relationships with key clients and partners
* Experience of commercial strategy and delivery
* A track record of building and growing successful businesses, products or departments within larger businesses.
* A track-record of building and maintaining long-term relationships with clients
* Strong understanding of the commercial drivers for success in our industry including environmental regulation, standards, ESG etc
* Experience leading a team of international people, including international business expansion is desirable
NatureMetrics are excited to be breaking new ground and disrupting the world of biodiversity monitoring, and if you want to play a crucial role in making this happen please contact Jack Porter via