Posted on Jun 28, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Senior Scientist vacancy for a globally operating Basel based company in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Technical expert studies with PhD, Master of Science, Bachelor of Science or equivalent technical education with relevant experience
- 3+ years of working experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in a related field
- Knowhow in the safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment
- Extensive theoretical and scientific knowledge in the relevant area of expertise
- Proficiency with laboratory and technical equipment
- Good understanding of relevant software and computer tools
- Expertise in scientific and technical writing along with good documentation and presentation skills
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, basic skills in local site language is desired
- Managing several activities simultaneously to meet customer needs including designing, planning, organising, performing and documenting scientific experiments, GMP testing and plant activities
- Taking responsibility for complex tools, equipment and specialized facilities as an expert including scheduling and performing maintenance and qualification of instruments and equipment
- Adhering to appropriate standards for quality, ethics, health, safety, environment protection and information security while leading initiatives to ensure continuous improvement
- Documenting raw data, evaluating and interpreting results, drawing relevant conclusions and designing next experiments as well as supervising project related scientific and technical activities
- Reviewing and verifying raw data generated by others and approving of tests and experiments performed by others
- Writing protocols, scientific reports, lab procedures, SOPs and scientific documents intended for external partners or for generation of registration documents
- Communicating and resolving issues such as deviations and unexpected results from experiments as well as presenting scientific and technical results internally and contribute to publications, presentations and patents
- Collaborating effectively across organisational interfaces and leading the know-how transfer to other departments or external contractors, including troubleshooting and on-site training
- Contributing to development and implementation of new technologies by optimising existing or developing new methods and processes while ensuring compliance to cGMP
- Providing scientific and technical guidance, performing information and literature searches as well as training team members or temporary employees
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.