Posted on Jun 28, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Major Accountabilities and activities
1. Independently design, plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments/GMP testing/plant activities under minimal supervision; handle several activities at a time;
2. Work according to appropriate standards for quality, ethics, health, safety, environment protection and information security; lead initiatives to ensure continuous improvement.
3. Documentation of raw data, evaluate and interpret results, draw relevant conclusions independently and design next experiments; supervise project related scientific/technical activities. Review and verify raw data generated by others; approval of tests/experiments performed by others
4. Write protocols, scientific reports, lab procedures or SOPs; write scientific documents intended for external partners (eg, other line units, authorities, external companies) or for generation of registration documents under minimal supervision
5. Communicate, address and solve problems. Communicate effectively across organizational interfaces; lead the transfer of know-how to other departments or external contractors, including troubleshooting and on-site training
6. For technical development units: Develop new methods/processes or optimize existing methods/processes (lab or plant); contribute to development and implementation of new technologies. For GMP units: ensure compliance to cGMP
7. For technology-focused roles: Provide scientific and technical guidance; perform information and literature searches; actively foster knowledge exchange. Train and coach team members, temporary employees or employees under training; present scientific/technical results internally and contribute to publications, presentations and patents
8. For project-focused role: Lead/coordinate assigned teams; participate in function-specific teams and fulfil assigned project tasks and responsibilities under minimal supervision.
Ideal Background Education:
- Ideally master of Science with industrial experience or PHD
Freshly graduates are welcome too
Fluent in English (oral and written)
Basic skills in local site-language, as required for the position
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.