Posted on Jun 28, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
One of our biggest multinational clients are hiring for "Data Engineers" for a 12+ month contract in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
- The Data Engineer will work on the collecting, storing and processing of sets of data.
- The primary focus will be on integrating, configuring, maintaining, implementing, and monitoring applications and big data components such as Apache Kafka, HBase, Spark.
- Designing scalable and future-proof systems, working with large sets of structured and unstructured data.
- This also includes the industrialization of proof-of-concepts and setting up interfaces.
- You will work closely with multiple teams to provide end-to-end applications and data solutions.
- You are able to create an application from the ground up, make architecture decision accordingly and coach more junior persons in the process
- Minimum 4 years of experience as data engineer
- Experience with data integration from multiple sources
- Hands-on development experience, preferably in Scrum/Agile setting
- In-depth knowledge of - and working experience with - the Hadoop ecosystem, preferably Hortonworks/Cloudera distribution
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience building applications with Scala
- You are curious, proactive, fast learner able to quickly picking up new areas
- Programmatic mindset
- Experience with Scala unit testing
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Deploying with Docker, Nexus, Bamboo
- Experience with event-streaming: Kafka and/or NIFI
- Capable to take the role of trainer/coach.
- Ability to consult and advise a team on best tool selection, best practices and optimal processes
Please apply if you are interested and available
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€501 - €501 Daily
€75 - €76 Hourly
€60 - €80 Hourly