SCCM Engineer - End User Computing
Posted on Jun 27, 2021 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: End User Computing Engineer
Duration: 3+ Month Contract to Hire
Conversion salary is $80K-$90K
Years of experience: 7+
Location: Dallas, TX 75254
- Participates in the design, develop and deployment of End User Computing strategies for Devices including Mobile.
- Develop documentation for all projects assigned to in accordance with corporate project management methodologies.
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Conduct research into hardware products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform L3 troubleshooting relating to Desktops and Mobile Phones.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Create knowledge base on company Intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with developing Enterprise Desktop Operating System deployments, SCCM/MDT, Driver management and UDI is a must.
- Experienced in Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration and Upgrade SCCM Task Sequences.
- In-depth knowledge in SCCM Patch management and third-party application updates.
- Experienced in Group Policy for Workstations (GPO/CSP).
- Experienced in designing Disaster Recovery Strategy for End User Computing Systems and PC backup solutions.
- Experience with Merger and Acquisition Device Management would be a plus.
- Hands on Knowledge of mobile devices and applications, including Windows mobile, iOS and Android using AirWatch/Intune would be a Plus.
- Knowledge in SCCM infrastructure and upgrades.
- Experience with Scripting languages and techniques, including VBA, PowerShell and Scripting for Windows OS would be a plus.
- Experience with software distribution package systems, in Microsoft SCCM or Intune.
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation is a must.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to Modern Workspace Device management.