Azure DevOps Consultant
Posted on Jun 27, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
For the development tooling department of one of our largest financial clients we are looking for an Azure DevOps Consultant.
The main service is mostly consulting: the teams help customers to set up their CICD pipelines on Azure DevOps by organizing hackatons and have (almost) daily walk-ins where customers can come in with their questions, issues, and requests.
The development tooling department is responsible for delivering a development environment to all of the bank's development teams in the Netherlands, Germany, France, UK and India. The scope of the development environment includes many tools, from classical on-premise tools to tools hosted mainly on Azure and SaaS solutions, such as Azure DevOps.
The department consists of 6 teams, each covering a part of the development tool portfolio. The functional scope is from designing and developing tools on workstations, to backlog management, source code management and CICD until deployments in production.
The company is on its way to transition from on-premise to public cloud platform and to speed up this transition we need platform engineers with hands-on experience and knowledge.
Are you getting energy by helping out other developers, working under pressure to solve blocking issues for them and guide them through the world of Azure DevOps pipelines?
If your answer is yes, then read on!
All teams in our department work as DevOps teams and are equally responsible for both development/improvements and support. The CICD Pipelines team has their focus on helping customers (other developers in the bank) to get their CICD ready on Azure in a fast & efficient way.
- You are client-oriented, you take initiative, you take ownership, you have a good business sense and you are a quick thinker
- You have a profound understanding and experience working with CICD pipelines
- You have practical experience with Azure DevOps
- You know any programming language (preference: YAML and/or JSON, Python or Java)
Nice to have:
- You have an 'automate everything'-mindset
- You have experience with life cycle management and are willing to participate in operational tasks
- Knowledge/experience with Ansible, Docker or Kubernetes