GCP Data Architect
Posted on Jun 27, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Hope you are doing great!
We have an opportunity for "GCP Data Architect" with our client.
If you are open for a change, please send your profile so we can have detail discussion for this opportunity.
GCP Data Architect Amsterdam, NL
Key responsibilities may include:
- As a lead architect, work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data/analytics technologies on premise and cloud
- Through a formal sales process, work with the Sales team to identify and qualify Google Cloud Platform (GCP) opportunities.
- Lead cloud solution and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals and SOWs for customers.
- Create detailed target state technical, security, data and operational architecture and design blueprints incorporating modern data technologies and cloud data services demonstrating modernization value proposition
- Lead detail technical assessments of current state of enterprise data and architect a path to transformation into a modern data powered enterprise
- Demonstrate experience presenting technical topics in front of an audience
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, "as is" and "to be" scenarios.
- Compare solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Apply Methodology, reusable assets, and previous work experience to deliver consistently high-quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Roles & Responsibilites:
- Minimum 10+ years of technical solutions implementation, architecture design, evaluation, and investigation in a cloud environment.
- Minimum of 5 years architecting, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data analytics solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, etc)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments (such as Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Flume)
- Minimum 1 year of designing, building and operationalizing large-scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of GCP data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties - Spark, Cloud DataProc, Cloud Dataflow, Apache Beam, BigTable, Cloud BigQuery, Cloud PubSub, Cloud Functions, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience analysing, re-architecting and re-platforming on-premise data warehouses to data platforms on Google cloud using GCP/3rd party services
- Minimum 1 year of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Java, Python, Scala etc.
- Minimum 1 year of architecting and implementing next generation data and analytics platforms on GCP cloud
- Minimum 1 year of designing and implementing data engineering, ingestion and curation functions on GCP cloud using GCP native or custom programming
- Minimum 1 year of experience in performing detail assessments of current state data platforms and creating an appropriate transition path to GCP cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. If Associate Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in architecting large-scale data solutions, performing architectural assessments, crafting architectural options and analysis, finalizing preferred solution alternative working with IT and Business stakeholders
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing data ingestion solutions on GCP using GCP native services or with 3rd parties such as Talend, Informatica
- 2+ years of hands-on experience architecting and designing data lakes on GCP cloud serving analytics and BI application integrations
- Minimum 1+ Experience in designing and optimizing data models on Google cloud using GCP data stores such as BigQuery, Bigtable
- Architecting and implementing data governance and security for data platforms on GCP
- Designing operations architecture and conducting performance engineering for large scale data lakes a production environment
- Craft and lead client design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations towards building solutions
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.