Senior Java Developer - Brussels - NL/FR speaking
Posted on Jun 27, 2021 by Energize Recruitment
One of Energize Tech's key clients who are a big player in the insurance sector in Belgium, are currently looking for a freelance Senior Java Developer to join their growing team in Brussels;
- Start date: June 2021
- Until: 31/12/2021 with option to extend
- Market rate
- MUST speak fluent French or Dutch, with working knowledge of English
- 100% remote during COVID19, then based on-site in Brussels when safe to travel (with a few days remote every 2 weeks) - therefore candidates MUST be local to Belgium
- You are always in close contact with the product owner and the scrum master.
- You support development and look for (technical) solutions.
Tasks and deliverables
- You communicate efficiently with the various stakeholders (business/functional analysts, scrum master, testers) so that they understand the priorities and status of the tasks perfectly.
- You ensure that the quality of the delivered artifacts is guaranteed within the teams.
- You ensure, together with the PO and the scrum master and the other developers, that the sprint deliveries are maintained.
- You are able to make technical improvement proposals and defend them within the team and architects.
- You support the tester/developers in automating functional tests (Cucumber).
- You analyse integrations with other parties and systems.
- You work together with infrastructure staff to install the application and monitor its operation.
- You monitor the daily operation of the productive application.
- You have a thorough knowledge of UML, Oracle SQL, JEE 5 & Java 6, JEE 7 & Java 8, Eclipselink, SOAP, REST, EJB, JMS, CDI
- You have the necessary experience in GUI development (Vaadin, JSF)
- You have the necessary soft skills to facilitate communication and cooperation between the different teams
- You have experience in the development and application maintenance of enterprise-class systems.
- You have experience in setting up and managing CI/CD in Jenkins (Multibranches, Pipelines)
- You have experience with setting up and rolling out applications in Openshift
- You are familiar with Cloud, Paas, IAC, ... principles
- You have the necessary knowledge and practical experience with concepts such as Microservices, BCE, Docker Containers, Gitflow, ...
- You are critical and have good analysis and synthesis skills
- You can work independently and in a team
- You have a sense of quality, accuracy and a no-nonsense mentality
- You can work under stress with changing priorities
- You are results-oriented, proactive, dynamic, ...
- You have the necessary experience with (Weblogic) Application Servers (WLSTs, Clustering, Deploying)
- You have knowledge of the following tools and technologies: Intellij, Postman, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Cucumber, Jira, K6, Grafana, Intflux, ...
- You are FR/NL - speaking with good knowledge of the other national language.
- You are AGILE by nature and are therefore willing to fully participate in the scrum process.
- You are someone who constantly wants to learn
- You are aware of the evolutions in Java (Camunda, Quarkus, Microprofile)
- Knowledge of other languages and/or Scripting is a plus (eg Gherkin, Groovy)
- Knowledge of low code development (OutSystems) is a plus.
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply with your most up to date CV and we can arrange a call if your profile matches. If you're not currently available but know someone who is looking for their next assignment, please forward this on and ask them to reach out.
We look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!