Senior Sports Quantitative Analyst - Team Leader
Posted on Jun 26, 2021 by Pythia Sports
Pythia Sports are looking for creative thinking and experienced people to join their established in-house modelling team as Senior Quantitative Analysts - Team Leader. The purpose of the role is to leading a team into conducting statistical analysis of and developing predictive models for sports.
- To build and maintain predictive models from large sports datasets
- Research and application of novel modelling techniques
- Testing model performance
- A deep understanding of the data, its limitations and meaning, including the investigation of data validity
- Awareness of the limitations of any model output
- Understanding of statistical robustness and validity
- Strong experience using, advanced statistics and modelling techniques - preferably in sports field
- PhD or other post-graduate qualification in statistics. machine learning or another mathematical/scientific discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Strong programming skills, with a preference for (but not limited to) Matlab, Python and R
- A track record of using data to solve complex problems
- A knowledge and interest in sport will be helpful
- Experience working with cloud computing (desirable)
- Right to work in the UK essential
The successful candidate will be an innovative, self-driven person with high levels of integrity. They will be working closely with local and remote teams and therefore need to be highly communicative, but also work well independently. They must be well organised and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Once all Covid restrictions are completely lifted, this person is expected to attend the office a few times a week.
Pythia Sports is a fast growing technology company with a focus on predictive sports modelling and data collection. We focus on being the best at what we do and recognise that our success comes from having the best employees and keeping them happy. We pride ourselves on hiring talented, creative and free thinkers.
Here you will find a relaxed atmosphere, monthly social events and amazing people! If working from the office, there's also free healthy snacks, fruits, coffee, tea and beer. That's off course once things get back to normal, as most of us are currently working fully from home - future home working can be considered as well.
We also offer private health insurance, cycle to work scheme, enhanced paternity and maternity leave, enhanced sick pay, increased holiday allowance and exciting development opportunities.
Pythia Sports employees are expected to embrace the company philosophy of integrity combined with innovation and cutting edge technology.