Business Administration Assistant
Posted on Jun 26, 2021 by RGI Creative
The business administration assistant will be responsible for supporting our accounting and project management staff in entering data into our accounting system. Namely, this will involve creating purchase orders from Excel spreadsheets and entering credit card purchases into a database of expenses. As such, a proficient ability to use computers is a requirement and a basic understanding of accounting would be a plus in any candidate.
This would be a great position for a qualified student looking to apply what they are learning about accounting, project management, or business administration to an entry level role, or any qualified person looking to make use of these skills in a part time capacity, with potential to grow. To start, the position will require 10-12 hours of work per week, but that could potentially expand during the late summer and fall to 20 hours or more per week. The Business Administration Assistant will be required to work in-person for the foreseeable future. Should the role expand, it could possibly become partially remote in the future.
- Enter data from a spreadsheet into an accounting software system to create purchase orders.
- Log credit card purchases in an accounting software system.
- Support bookkeeper with other tasks as needed.
- Support project manager and purchasing agent with other tasks as needed.
- Strong organizational skills. Please be prepared to share a well-organized spreadsheet during your interview, to exemplify your ability to enter and organize data.
- Data entry experience.
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- Ability and willingness to learn a new software program quickly.
- Ability to keep proprietary and sensitive information confidential.
- Enthusiasm for working with others.
- Availability to work in-person in North East North Ridgeville during the window between 8am and 5pm, weekdays.
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Experience using an accounting software.