Data Centre Engineer
Posted on Jun 26, 2021 by Click
Data Centre Engineer - £33K/£36K p.a. + shift allowance + overtime + benefits - South London & Docklands
Join a large enterprise tech organisation Data Centre team who are responsible for day to day support of a Data Centres technical infrastructure & services (networks, systems).
The team cover physical delivery through to installation, maintenance and ongoing support on various hardware across a multi-vendor environment.
Hardware predominantly consists of HP, Dell & IBM x86 ISS Servers, including Proliant & Blades, also includes some Oracle/Sun hardware and various network devices.
You should be able to complete Data Centre cabling activities installing, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling & patching using CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A & fibre optic single & multi mode
You will be expected to provide support to Data Centre Facilities management with activities such as but not limited to IMAC work, escorting external resources, inventory management and access request processing.
To apply you should have the following DC experience:
- Experience of working in a large Datacentre
- Installations, maintenance, and repairs on customer equipment.
- Installation, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling (ie CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
- Strong Customer relationship skills and ability to manage complex customer problems
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately.
- Ensure all calls are resolved within the agreed SLA's, ensuring calls are escalated when required and customers are updated until resolved.
- Display calmness and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of copper & fibre patch cabling in DC environment, including dressing, labeling and termination.
- Basic understanding of network VLAN's and IP Addressing
- Strong Customer relationship building skills. Ability to manage complex customer problems
- knowledge of HP, IBM & DELL ISS & Blade x86 architecture Servers.
- Knowledge of ESD working practice
- Sound knowledge of general Health & Safety
The DC team cover our clients South London and Docklands offices.
Shifts: 12hr shifts approx. 14 shifts per month mix of days and nights with an element of flexible weeks during the year. Shift changeover times are 07:00 & 19:00.
Start July/August 2021. Two stage interview process (Video) before decision.
Click is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy