Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 26, 2021 by The Ortus Group
The Ortus Group is looking to recruit a Lead Software Engineer in a team leader role to enhance and support our core applications and infrastructure used to provide our 'Insight' vehicle telematics product services. Due to our rapid expansion this is a new exciting role to complement the existing development team and to drive our product forward.
Ortus Telematics was formed to provide highly accurate telemetric data, specifically for the Emergency Services market and has positioned itself as industry leader in the sourcing and providing of technology solutions for this sector. Working in partnership with our clients, The Ortus Group offer a flexible approach to business, enabling a quick response to customers' requirements and needs.
We are a technology-based company with many years' experience in providing specialist products and solutions for the Mission Critical Emergency Services industry and other related markets. Our extensive portfolio includes Telematics, Medical Supply, Asset Finance and Medical Servicing, this allows us to be both fluid and reactive.
We have offices situated in Nottinghamshire, Suffolk, Clackmannanshire and shortly to have a further hub in the Northeast of England. The role can be based at any of our offices but will require occasional travel throughout the UK supporting the sales team with technical presentations and visiting all branches. Our core operating hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday however some flexibility may be required in busy periods.
- Development and Maintenance of back-end applications providing our core services and APIs, currently written in node.js and hosted on AWS.
- Lead & support the development team to maximise potential drawing on knowledge & experience
- Monitoring and management of back-end mySQL databases, index and query optimisation
- API development providing bi-directional data access with 3 rd party customer applications
- Design and delivery of customer & internal reporting applications as timed reports or threshold triggered by incoming data content
- Development of application/web tools to support the hardware engineering & vehicle installation teams.
- Maintenance and monitoring the AWS cloud systems and applications to maintain high availability levels demanded by the customers.
- Develop efficient AWS hosted micro-services to provide cost effective, reliable and reactive cloud based telematics system.
- React and assist in the rectification of software issues / outages caused by internal, AWS or network based problems.
- Work with customers / sales teams to develop needs and ideas into solutions
- Support tenders/presentations relating to customer's IT requirements
- Assist with customer queries relating to web-site, API or report issues.
- Staying up-to-date with current and emerging software trends to ensure the Insight product remains ahead of the competition.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven development experience with Node.js environment (NPM, NVM, PM2, Express.js, Net, Mocha-chai test framework) for back-end systems.
- Knowledge of Java, PHP and Python used by other team members.
- Team leader experience in a software development / IT environment
- Experience with MySQL database management and ability to write complex, efficient queries
- AWS Management experience or qualifications covering:
- EC2 management, autoscaling groups, load balancers, launch templates and security groups
- S3 Storage
- Elasticache/Redis queue systems
- Web authentication (Cognito) API keys/O-Auth 2
- Cloudwatch monitoring and reporting
- AWS CLI
- Lambda services for automatic deployment
- MySQL (RDS-Aurora) database management
- IAM user roles and management
- Experienced with Git for repository management and revision control
- IT security, Firewalls, Access Management & GDPR
- Experience of systems utilising real-time data streams and processing beneficial
- Ability to manage projects effectively (MS Project, Trello, Jira experience beneficial)
- Confident and enthusiastic approach to systems development
- Good team player, ability to communicate problems, ideas and solutions both internally and with external partners.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Good presentation skills and telephone manner
- Ability to communicate technical information to suite both technical and non-technical audiences
Competitive salary. Employee Benefits Package including Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Death in Service, Critical Illness, Income Protection, 23 days Annual Leave Plus Bank Holidays and an optional Holiday Buy Scheme. Access to online training portals "Pluralsight" to encourage technical development and at the forefront of emerging technologies. We may carryout profiling on any candidates that are shortlisted for this role. If you are looking for a new position and feel that you have the necessary skills please forward your CV.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£80k - £90k Annual
£65k - £85k Annual
£85k - £90k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual
£60k - £75k Annual
£85k - £120k Annual