Principal Process Engineer
Posted on Jun 26, 2021 by Babcock
Job Title: Principal Process Engineer
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Provide leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure timely & efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer agreed scope.
• Ensure effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
• Ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope.
• Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
• Development of capability skills to match needs of future workload and coach and mentor members of the team
• Ensure project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
• Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change.
• Support business development and identify opportunities and new work streams. -operation across Engineering and other functional teams
The Principal Engineer provides leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
At this level; an experienced engineer, has a breadth of engineering knowledge & experience, resolves a range of technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Coaches, mentors and assists others on matters pertaining to their own discipline, developing business awareness, builds strong working relationships with stakeholders, works independently with limited technical direction or as part of a small team.
Typically, Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level. They shall also have an Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
• Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
• Chartered Engineer status
• Demonstrable experience in managing teams to deliver analysis activities on a range of project types
• Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
• Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
• Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
• Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
What else do I need to know?
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
• We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£65k - £75k Annual
£450 - £450 Daily
£60k - £70k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual