DevOps and Release Management
Posted on Jun 25, 2021 by Lifecycle Resources Ltd
DevOps and Release Management Engineer required to work on a large set of workflow applications, improving on-premises and cloud devops processes. The current system is a mixture of TeamCity/Octopus for on-prem solutions, using continuous integration and automated deployment and some Azure Devops for cloud based solutions. Software solutions going forwards will continue to be a mix of on-prem and cloud based and the role will be to manage and enhance both.
The role provides the opportunity to get involved in the core areas which make the system work, improve the deployment experience and reduce release downtime.
The DevOps Engineer will take responsibility for release management across the software development life cycle, managing environments, enhancing existing CI/CD pipelines and creating new ones with the aim of achieving consistent deployment mechanisms and minimal downtime.
- Release management of different types of deployable software - on and off prem web applications, both UI and APIs, windows services and apps.
- Release co-ordination
- Ownership of environment creation and management - Development, UAT and Production
- Ensuring security and monitoring of DevOps pipelines and infrastructure
- Analysis of current deployment strategy with an eye to providing improvements, both tactical and strategic.
- Working with IT stakeholders to identify requirements and co-ordinate system enhancements.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding project approach and appropriate technologies.
- Responsibility for complete software development life cycle, including the enhancement of supporting processes.
- Track record of deploying web applications and apis and windows services with minimal downtime
- Providing advice regarding devops approach and appropriate technologies
- Solid knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Significant experience with Windows operating system environments
- Strong Microsoft stack deployment skills, including Azure cloud
- Scripting ability in Powershell
- Good knowledge of version control tools
- Proficiency in automation tools
- Familiarity with container frameworks
- Experience with Octopus and TeamCity
- Deployment of different types of Azure solutions
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with AD and Azure AD
- Cypress, Jasmine, Karma, Jest or other testing frameworks
- Experience with Git or similar version control system
- Working under Scrum or another agile development methodology