Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jun 25, 2021 by Change Healthcare
Senior DevOps Engineer
Overview of Position
In this position, the successful candidate will design, develop the CI/CD pipeline, ensure that Infrastructure is managed as service for Cloud based Service layer a restful webservice platform that is state of art that serves the Composition, Rendering and Omni channel delivery needs of flagship Payer and Provider Customer Communications Management solution here at Change Healthcare. This will involve working closely with architects, application development, quality engineering, product management and customer operations to ensure not only the CI/CD pipeline is setup, configured and maintained but also reliable, highly available, scalable, and performing correctly to deliver communications on behalf of our clients. To ensure appropriate separation of concerns for the sake of the security of system, the DevOps team is the primary team with the access required to configure and manage the CI/CD pipeline for Service Layer software. Apart from Service layer pipeline the candidate will also be responsible for the Configuration Management activities of our government regulated FISMA platform that as a Vendor we use to serve the communication needs of CMS clients.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Managing services provided to our development team such as AWS, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Designing our DevOps Pipeline
- Executing deployments to our various environments (Development, QA, Certification/Disaster Recovery, Production)
- Building out our Automation platform to meet needs within Enterprise requirements
- Working with our Development and Quality Engineering teams to identify and resolve pipeline issues as they arise.
- Daily activities included, delivering daily/nightly/ad-hoc builds for the scrum teams, supporting teams with SCM requests, maintaining code stability using CI methodologies, code merging, deployments and troubleshooting other day-to-day issues
- Responsible for upgrades to RedHat Linux with Software packages, AMI's, patches and maintained them in accordance with established Policies, Procedures and Service level agreements.
- To Develop Ansible Scripts to provision Cloud infrastructure
- Source Code Control Administration, ie, maintaining and administering the source code repositories, including implementation of automated controls and enhancements.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is required, Masters in those fields preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Information technology or 6+ years with Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Communications Management solutions, preferring experience with AWS Cloud and Java/NodeJS based stack
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud based CI/CD development and Infrastructures Automaton using technologies, including ANSIBLE, Jenkins, Cloud Formation Templates
- 3+ years of experience in Scripting language like Shell/Python/Ruby Scripts.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers
- Experience with testing frameworks capable of learning new programming languages
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at and the supplemental information at .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.