Posted on Jun 24, 2021 by CV-Library
We have an exciting opportunity for a C++ Software Engineer to join a team of talented, passionate professionals at a cutting-edge technology Company.
You will work in modern offices that form part of the Company's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, nestled within glorious countryside views of three counties.
Working as part of a small team, the Software Engineer is responsible for delivering rock-solid software, incredible user experiences and innovative data-analysis and calibration software tools.
The Company designs and manufactures industry-leading environmental measurement systems and provides supporting services for energy projects and applications.
As Software Engineer you will report to the Head of Software Development. Your key contacts within the Company will be the Chief Engineer, Chief Scientist, General Manager, Customer Service Manager and the Production Engineering team.
The Software Engineer’s key responsibilities include:
* Develop requirements, design and implement new software packages. Produce design documentation, manuals and processes to support as appropriate;
* Participate in peer reviewing of other software engineers code;
* Investigate software and system issues as reported by other areas of the business, customers, resellers etc.;
* Identify bugs, record on feature tracking software and propose fixes;
* Record feature requests from other areas of the business and when appropriate, identify and implement changes;
* Assist customers and resellers in using the Company’s software;
* Provide diagnostic support for systems and software in field via remote support and where necessary, in-field visits;
* Provide training in software art and in the Company’s software packages to other areas of the business;
* Consult with other areas of the business to widen understanding so that software packages written for the Company and its customers are as useful as possible.
You could be the ideal candidate for this Software Engineer role if you have the following skills and experience:
* Relevant technical qualification in Engineering, Electronics or IT Business to minimum of ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification, degree preferred;
* Development in the C++ language;
* Development in the python language (include web frameworks such as Flask or Django);
* GUI application design;
* Ability to learn new technology fundamentals quickly, show flexibility, and work on several projects and priorities in parallel;
* Version control systems;
* Issue management (ticketing) systems;
* Software testing methodologies;
* Full UK driving licence and own transport.
The following skills and experience are desirable for this Software Engineer role but not essential:
* Development using .net;
* Development in the Python language;
* Understanding of comms systems (GSM, satellite, ethern-based etc);
* Continuous integration systems;
* Demonstratable experience in writing .net and Python applications.
This Software Engineer role comes with a competitive salary (depending on experience) and an impressive benefits package
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £32k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£300 - £325 Daily