Principal or Senior Backend Engineer - High Performance Start-up
Posted on Jun 24, 2021 by Stelfox Ltd
Stelfox is working on a unique opportunity with a CEO of a high performance startup as we get a new team off the ground to work on interesting challenging/complex solutions.
- CEO still codes - everyone codes in this startup and work as a team.
- Already signed contracts with multiple major players/customers who are the largest financial institutions in the world.
- Focus - High value, complex software solutions around high performance systems with advanced Data analytics
- Remote working in Ireland or Dublin office if you want - key is whatever allows you to do your best focused work when creating solutions with the team (no layer of management or politics just interesting problems to solve and high value solutions to deliver back customers).
- Important note - this startup is Embedded with C-level sponsors in clients organisation so are true partners (not a standard solutions delivery company) therefore can move at pace and influence.
- Great tech standards (some client projects in U.S have ex-Google and ex-Amazon engineers working on them so this company will be building a high performing Lean company taking on the interesting work).
For one of the Pods we are setting up, we are looking for a Senior/Principal Software Engineer with a solid background in design, architecture and importantly like coding up solutions as well. We will be hiring other engineers under this role so a chance to lead by example.
- 8-15 years commercial experience in software engineering (C++/Java/Functional languages)
- Strong background working on complex/distributed systems/High performance platfrom/Data Analytics platfrom (bonus points if it is aligned to Financial analytics or high performance solutions linked to financial sector but not essential by any means as we focus on underlining tech stack).
- Solid end-to-end experience - Design/architecture, coding to deployment into production with an appreciation for DevOps/Automation and clean/quality code.
- Strong knowledge of AWS/Cloud services
- Strong Databases knowledge - SQL/NoSQL
- Experience around Data Engineering is a plus
- Much more to learn or be exposed to.
Great chance to join a no frills, straight up High tech start-up with a highly stable high value client base working on really interesting tech problems and offering a highly competitive package for the right candidates in the industry as well as the flexibility to work from home fully if you desire. Not much more to say!
Feel free to apply if you would like to be considered and be part of the journey as the company scales out further.
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.