Posted on Jun 23, 2021 by Affinity
Production Manager - Plastic Extrusion
- Global plastics manufacturer recently expanded operations and is hiring for a 1st shift Production Manager role in the HQ in Norris, TN
- The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing operations including: managing, planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for extrusion manufacturing, maintenance, and quality
- To be considered this person must have Extrusion experience
- Company has been in business for 75 years with sales around $2 billion.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in continuous improvement and upper ward mobility
- Full relocation assistance will be provided
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- Directly supervise and manage 5 supervisors, and 60 employees on 1st shift across several extrusion departments
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar principles
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Monitor, exceed, and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Ensure employee productivity, facility safety, and maintenance activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
- 2nd in command and will cover the Operations Manager as needed
- BA/BS/AAS degree required or an equivalent of 7+ years of extrusion leadership experience.
- 4+ years of extrusion manufacturing experience; prefer plastics but open to any other product that is extruded
- Must have experience managing supervisors in a manufacturing setting
- Military veterans are a plus
- Must be capable of problem solving, multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$75 - $85 Annual