Senior Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Jun 23, 2021 by CV-Library
Vitality, Senior Software Engineering Manager, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: Free places to Vitality sponsored run events, online fitness classes and wellbeing workshops, competitions to win tickets to top-flight sporting events, health checks and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members and good for you.
As our Senior Software Engineering Manager, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the software development function for a suite of in-house applications and COTS products, implementing best practices to continuously improve the quality of work delivered through optimised processes, standards and tools used for software development. You’ll oversee up to 15 Scrum Teams/130 heads led by Delivery Managers from our Strategic Development Partner, and you will work closely with Senior Business Stakeholders and Product Managers as the primary point of contact in responding to demand.
Your role as our Senior Software Engineering Manager will involve:
- Understanding the IT Strategy and disseminating how this impacts the Health Systems
- Leading a continual planning process in a very complex environment with detailed development plans in place on a rolling quarterly basis plus a 12-month view
- Being accountable for all development work achieving agreed timeframes, costs, quality, minimising Technical Debt
- Producing and publishing monthly KPI’s for the department
- Identifying and implementing best practice software engineering practices
- Attending Steering Committee’s and other decision-making forums on behalf of Health Systems
- Owning the provision of Solution Options and Cost estimations to various stakeholders at various stages of the change lifecycle, from concept to committed
- Optimising the delivery flow of teams, actively addressing the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies
- Owning the Technology roadmap
- Applying experience of multiple parts of the product life cycle, recognising the appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet these
- Coaching and leading teams in Agile and Lean practices
- Providing thought leadership and expertise to multiple teams, internal and external, in broad technical areas
Our ideal Senior Software Engineering Manager will have:
- A track record of successfully managing medium-large software development functions running multiple projects in parallel
- A proven ability in leading, managing and growing development teams, developing good practices and driving continuous improvement in performance
- Knowledge of design and architecture concepts (i.e. microservices) and the ability to apply knowledge within the development cycle
- An understanding of engineering principles and the application and execution within an insurance environment, e.g. pair programming, code reviews
- Good knowledge of software engineering
- An understanding of agile development principles
Closing Date: Friday 23rd July 2021
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Software Engineering Manager, then please click ‘apply’ today