iSeries Lead Developer
Posted on Jun 23, 2021 by Responsive Search, Inc.
Des Plaines, IL 60016
$110k - $120k Annual
iSeries Lead Developer/Techno Functional Role:
- Direct and manage the following for our JD Edwards WORLD A7.3 customized environment: tasks and timelines for the definition, design, and development of new application software for small to large complex projects.
- Manage internal and external development staff assigned to projects.
- Create technical design documents.
- Manage the development of the changes.
- Create system and unit test cases.
- Execute unit and system testing.
- Provide user support and complete application system trouble-shooting .
- Adhere to department guidelines of full-life cycle, software development as well as application system development standards, and guidelines.
- Adhere to change control process and procedures.
- Develop technical documentation to support development activities.
- Provide regular communications to IT management on the status of application systems projects.
- Participate in an off-hours support rotation, approximately 8 weeks per year.
- Update knowledge and skills through continuing education and internal/external training activities.
- Keep abreast of trends in application development and support for iSeries and Client Server systems.
- 5+ years STRONG experience with JD Edwards WORLD Software highly preferred. Other ERP experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of previous software development on the iSeries platform using all versions of RPG including SQLRPGLE and RPG Free.
- 5+ years of Functional Supply Chain Experience with an emphasis on distribution is preferred.
- A solid understanding of the financial configuration surrounding distribution (DMAAI).
- Exposure and understanding of XML/CXML.
- Knowledge of other platforms and coding languages a plus
- 5+ years leading large scale development projects.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision with good time management skills.
- Proven track record with analysing business requirements and developing automated solutions.
- Excellent analytical and system development skills with strong project management and user communications skills
- Ability to handle complex development projects from start to finish.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and management skills
- The ability to work well with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems.