Senior Data Engineer/Scientist
Posted on Jun 23, 2021 by TEKsystems
For one of our leading clients in the Financial industry in Zürich, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist/Engineer able to identify the best way to integrate data from several different systems/databases into one single system.
The ideal candidate has an extremely solid knowledge of data governance and migration as well as DBA previous experience and Development skills.
We offer a 6-months contract for one of the most prestigious company in Finance with possibilities of extensions.
The office is located in Zürich, but would be a partially remote-working job (from Switzerland, not abroad).
What you will do:
- Design, build, automate and deploy highly available, robust, resilient and secure database solutions.
- Works in partnership with multiple teams to ensure that the infrastructure and the applications that depend on it work perfectly together.
- Adopt, embrace and promote agile practices.
- Collaborate with Developers, Architects, performance engineers and system administrators on database and system optimizations.
- Work closely with developers to design, create and maintain schema objects, design and debug triggers, stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Monitor and maintain maximum performance of databases.
- Identify poorly performing queries and work with development teams to tune accordingly.
- Implement data backup and recovery procedures to prevent the loss of data from all types of failure.
- Replace existing Bash and Python scripts with a fault-tolerant solution that packages and moves files between Servers.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in designing Database Solutions/Architecture
- Solid development skills in software development with Java/Scala and Python
- 5+ years of experience with Postgres DB Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Linux (RHEL)
- Solid experience in DB Setup with DB installation, configuration, patching, security; DB import with import of data from CSV and other databases and API's; DB intra-source data checks; DB monitoring
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Splunk, Kafka
- Knowledge of Apache Arrow, Presto, Kubernetes/Openshift based cloud development would be a big plus
- Knowledge of designing and developing database data architectures, creation of reports on databases
- High level of organization, initiative and attention to details
- Good team-member able to work independently as well
- Ability to gather information from different sources autonomously
If you feel this is the perfect opportunity for you and you are the ideal candidate, please apply or send your CV to (see below)
Please also don't hesitate to contact us for any further information.
This opportunity is open for Swiss-based candidates or EU-UEFTA Passport Holders Candidates only.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer/Scientist
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Rate/Salary: .00 CHF Daily
Job Type: Contract
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.