Posted on Jun 23, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Location: Schaumburg, IL, Madison WI OR Chicago, IL
Selling Points: Key is OpenShift. You will deploy applications into the container platform. You will install, Configure, solve and deploy OpenShift related infrastructure
The OpenShift Engineer supports the systems responsible for the Red Hat OpenShift container platform along with its associated infrastructure. Handles requests for new or updated services and applications on a PaaS (Platform as a Service) infrastructure. Fixes and remediates incidents and problems within the OpenShift platform and adjacent technical domains. Participates as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the OpenShift container domain.
- Install, configure, solve, and deploy OpenShift related infrastructure and cluster services in an enterprise environment to support container-based application virtualization
- Find opportunities for improvement to system stability, capacity, security, performance, and drive implementation of approved solutions
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Implement and support security best-practices to ensure a secured compute environment
- Track and report on system performance to ensure performance acceptable to meet expected business SLA's
- Produce and maintain system configuration documents and standards
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level container-based systems (OpenShift, Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes, etc.) including associated on-prem infrastructure with 2+ years supporting dedicated OpenShift Platform systems (OCP, OCS, HAProxy, etc.)
- Experience supporting Microservice and Cloud-native applications in a CI/CD automated, multi-tenant application environment with multiple partners and use cases
- Experience supporting a Linux (RHEL or similar) environment
- Experience using various CI/CD tools (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, or similar)
- Experience using process automation tools and techniques (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with utilizing application monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Dynatrace, Nimsoft APM.
- Experience supporting common infrastructure and security related objects and services such as DNS, Firewall Rules, SSL, Load Balancers and Identity Management integration
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word