Posted on Jun 19, 2021 by Handstands Promo LLC
Handstands Promo is an award-winning, full-service promotional products company supplying promotional items to different types of industries. HandStands is a leader industry and has a great opportunity for someone to join our growing team!
The Sewing Operator will run a commercial sewing machine to finish items like customized backpacks and facial masks.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of sewing machinery and tools being used, including basic maintenance and troubleshooting, setup procedures, operations and needle changes.
- Operate the following types of sewing machines: single needle, automated, patch, embroidery, surge, etc.
- Troubleshoot and report issues or concerns with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area to facilitate efficient manufacturing functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Scheduling flexibility required to accommodate to workload.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 1+ year sewing in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be an organized with a positive attitude with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driving business environment.