Posted on Jun 18, 2021 by CV-Library
What's the opportunity?
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all engineering related activities. Providing the Depot Management Team with engineering and technical expertise, to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all engineering related activities to keep the operation running smoothly, delivering excellent customer service.
The role reports directly into the General Manager- Thornbury & Portbury depots, with strong functional lines into Head office Engineering.
The principle role of the Engineering Manager is to ensure effective management of all engineering activities for their sites. This will include vehicle maintenance, site and facilities maintenance and automated warehouse equipment to company and legislative requirements.
In addition to the maintenance activity, the Engineering Manager will actively manage third party contractors, oversee Health and Safety compliance, prepare and track budgets and carefully control costs. Motivation and development of every member of their team to achieve operational and financial targets is essential.
* Management of maintenance and engineering operational development for all fleet, MHE, plant, land and buildings and associated equipment.
* Management of the majority of site and multi-site purchasing including non-engineering spend such as uniforms, operations and transport spends.
* Management of direct staff and contractors to ensure cost effective and maximum availability for all engineering equipment and related components.
* Protection of the Vehicle Maintenance legal obligations of Operators Licence
* Responsible for the continued improvement of engineering standards for vehicles, site and MHE.
* Ensure all staff and contractors involved on Gist owned and leased sites comply with safety, legal, company and group requirements.
* Provide specialist advice and expertise for all engineering and transport operations ensuring correct interpretation of legal and statutory regulations.
* Responsible for day to day on site or regional major capital projects
* Training for all operational staff through TWIs for all engineering and technical equipment on site.
* Development of innovative solutions to enhance the underlying cost performance and improve service measurements
* Management of selected supplier relationships to ensure continued partnership and improved cost effectiveness for all the Gist Businesses.
* Anticipate renewal and other needs, developing and presenting proposals as required
* Plan contingencies and likely future operational requirements, including seasonal peaks
* Motivate staff, identify training needs, and develop management succession.
* Lead and manage the apprentice program individuals.
* Foster good employee and Trade Union relations
* Active participation of the depot and depots management teams
What you will need to succeed
* Previous experience of leading and developing engineering team
* Excellent communicator
* Ability to lead, motivate and inspire your team
* Experience of both facilities and fleet management would be preferred
* Experience of logistics and supply chain in food services is preferred
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, company car, pension, healthcare, 25 days annual leave and bonus scheme.
Gist is an award-winning supply chain specialist that combines an integrated network of people, experience and expertise to transform supply chains. With industry-specific understanding and excellence, Gist's solutions bring end-to-end visibility and implementation, from concept to delivery.
Operating in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors, including grocery, food service and gas, Gist works in partnership with customers such as Starbucks, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £55k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£49k - £50k Annual