MI Data Analyst
Posted on Jun 18, 2021 by CV-Library
MI Data Analyst (SQL, SSMS, SSRS and ideally SSAS) £25,000 - £33,000 - Nottingham
Our client who are a Global company are looking for an experienced Data Analyst who has strong skills withing the MS SQL Suite (SSMS, SSRS, SSAS). You will be reporting directly into the General Manager for the UK and will be solely responsible for providing MI Data Analysis Information.
You will be part of a small team and will be working with Senior Executives/Leaders, so therefore this role is very much hands on and will require excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a small team. you will have the opportunity of building your town team, as you develop within your role.
As a MI Data Analyst your CV should clearly demonstrate the experience of data importation, data maintenance, report writing and analysis, as well as being able to present these in a report format. (Charts/Graphs/Excel etc).
You will need to also be able to possess a mix/match of the skills and knowledge below:
* Maintain data warehouse from external data sources.
* Take a lead understanding the internal data reporting tools provided by our system
* (Infoworks and customer tools) and championing their use through the Head Office Team.
* Identify and automate daily/weekly reports where possible.
* Work with the overseas head office to liaise with IT teams to develop the business reporting and performance monitoring
* Identify deviations to the expected performance, and work to understand the reasons why
* Monitor and analyse the performance of any such initiatives and report back with recommendations for further improvements
* Monitor and assess competitor activity, pricing and promotions and where necessary make recommendations for the business to compete effectively
* A strong analytical background with proven experience around business performance
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Experience of utilizing data cubes (e.g., Infoworks, Cognos BI).
* Microsoft SQL Skills including SSMS and SSRS, ideally SSAS.
* Data manipulation through MS Structured Query Language.
* Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
* Good data interpretation skills
* Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
* Commercially focused, action-orientated, and not afraid of trying new ideas
* Ability to work under pressure and use judgement to provide appropriate timescales within tight deadline.
As this role is based in Central Nottingham it is easy commutable from Derby, Sheffield, Hucknall, Mansfield, Gedling, Ruddington, Long Eaton, Newark-on Trent, Leicester, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire,
You will be currently working as a Management Information Data Analyst, MI Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Data Analyst, MS Data Analyst, Senior Data Analyst, Business Systems Analyst