Senior Project Manager
Posted on Jun 18, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client is an award-winning specialist in business communications, systems integration, digital transformation and managed services, maximising the ICT investment of private and public organisations across the UK.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary, during project cycle.
Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
Track project milestones and deliverables.
Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Develop, best practices and tolls for project execution and management.
* 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
* Certifications in Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner.
* Experience with ITIL process is advantageous
* Strong familiarity with project management software such as MS Project
* Competent and proficient understanding of telecommunication platforms, such as MiTEL, Avaya, Cisco.
* Competent and proficient understanding of Data Networking technologies, such as MPLS/IPVPN, Ethernet, LANs and WANs.
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
* Flexible during times of change.
* Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
* Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
* Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
* Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
* Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
* Customer service skills an asset.
* Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Hours & Benefits:
The hours are 9 to 5.30 hybrid working from the office and mainly from home, 24 days leave, PMI, Life Insurance, Pension.
If you are applying for this role. Please send your CV in Word format and let us know your availability to attend an interview, what your notice period is and that you are happy with the salary stated on this job specification
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£400 - £450 Daily
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£411 - £411 Daily
£350 - £450 Daily
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual