Posted on Jun 18, 2021 by AC Lens
AC Lens is one of the largest online full-service eyewear supply companies in the country. We provide competitive prices and top-notch customer service to help people look good, see clearly and save money. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of National Vision Inc. who owns and operates America's Best stores, Walmart Vision Centers, and other optical brands.
The Accounting Manager leads the accounting team, manages daily operations, and the month end close process to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger. This position is responsible for performing and overseeing operations with respect to accounting functions, in accordance with GAAP and consistent with parent Company policies.
- Manages a combination of Staff Accountants, Senior Accountants, AP Lead, and Accounting Clerk.
- Oversees the general accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, fixed assets, general ledger, and tax support.
- Provides manager support for Accounting department including interviewing, hiring, developing and coaching team to ensure department operates successfully for business needs
- Supervisor responsibilities include appraising performance and providing feedback to direct reports, addressing and resolving employee and department concerns, and other issues that may arise.
- Ensures an accurate and efficient close process including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and related analysis.
- Partners with other department managers to provide thoughtful and accurate analysis and projections.
- Facilitates financial and operational information to support audits, tax preparation, and other corporate requests timely and accurately. Delegates requests as needed.
- Communicates any updates or issues with partners on a timely basis.
- Reviews, develops and documents accounting processes to enhance efficiency in the workplace and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Supports senior leadership with assignments and special reports as requested.
- Assists with forecasts and budgets.
- Performs any other related duties as required or assigned
- Four year college degree required, preferably in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- 7+ years' progressive accounting experience, plus 2+ years experience in a leadership role.
- Robust understanding of GAAP and SOX Compliance
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Intermediate to advanced Word Processing/Typing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and SAP BPC preferred
What are the benefits?
Thanks to National Vision Inc., AC Lens offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website to learn more.
No Phone Calls please.
NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$90k - $100k Annual